Electrical Engineer | Lynnwood, Washington, United States
August 3, 2021 2:45:40 PM UTC
BRPH is a full service Architectural/Engineering firm specializing in state of the art facility design is looking for a mid- level Electrical Engineer (P.E) for its Lynwood, Washington office located just 16 miles north of Seattle and minutes from ferries, mountains and wineries. Lynnwood is the ideal gateway to everything the North Puget Sound has to offer. Float a river, hike a mountain trail or shop till you drop at Alderwood, the region’s destination shopping center. Lynnwood offers beautiful city parks, extensive public art, historic Heritage Park, hiking trails, an aquatic center, a municipal golf course and a myriad of diverse dining options.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs assignments designed to continue to develop professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Assignments require independent judgement and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Director or of a professional Engineer. Assignments shall include more variables and be more complex. Assignments usually include complex engineering tasks and calculations with limited technical guidance on non-standard issues. Independently performs most assignments with instruction as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects. Should devise new engineering approaches and solutions. Must coordinate with and help resolve conflicts with other disciplines based on an excellent understanding of the design process. Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and construction administration.
- Performs design and calculation tasks based on standard engineering techniques and procedures. Applies standard practices, engineering fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Performs design of more complex projects under direction of Project Engineer, or other responsible staff member.
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects, under the direction of Project Engineer or other responsible staff member.
- Performs computer aided design drafting to produce designs into routine final drawings.
- Research discipline-related code issues and present interpretation.
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, attend construction site meetings, review RFI’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, prepare status reports, per the contract documents.
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Must be proficient in the use of personal computers.
- Assist in supervising, coordinating and checking the work, as well as instructing, leading and mentoring Engineer Levels, I, II and III, and Designers and Drafters.
- Perform checking of one’s own work and work prepared by drafters, engineering designers and other engineers.
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications.
- Assist in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals and cost estimates.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Promote communications, cooperation and quality among staff.
- Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Should be active in professional trade organizations.
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as an Electrical Engineer.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be certified Professional Engineer
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Years of Experience Required: