Project Manager | Huntsville, Alabama, United States
July 27, 2021 4:43:07 PM UTC
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing his/her assigned projects to meet the customer’s program, expectations and the Firm’s Mission and Vision. Assignments require independent judgement and application of a non- routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Director of Project Management. Assignments shall include variables and be complex. Makes decisions independently and represents the company and the customer to resolve important questions and to plan, coordinate, and manage projects. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work results from progressive experience and education.
In performing Project Management duties, the Project Manager shall:
- Develop project scope of work where required or necessary.
- Prepare project proposals and contracts in accordance with Firm’s policies.
- Plan the project including activities, schedule, milestones, cost projection over timeline.
- Convey the customer’s and Firm’s expectations to the team members.
- Lead and manage the project and the Firm’s team (staff and consultants).
- Control and coordinate the project, the team, and the customer to fulfill the obligations of the Firm to the customer, while maintaining quality, profitability, reputability and customer expectations.
- Practice risk management throughout the project.
- Prepare Instructions to Bidders, General Conditions, Supplementary Conditions and Division I of the Specifications.
- Prepare Project Status Reports including pertinent data, cost and profit projection vs actual over timeline.
- Prepare scope of work, obtain proposals, and prepare Agreements and Purchase Orders for required outside services.
- Assist accounting in timely and accurate invoicing and accounts payable.
- Deliver or exceed the customer’s expectations in accordance with the Firm’s contractual obligations and the Firm’s policies, including quality and profitability.
- Assist in marketing in accordance with the Firms’ marketing plan and policies.
- Assure project quality and attend Quality Control Review sessions.
- Supervise assigned Project Administrator.
- May visit construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties, such as attend construction site meetings, review RFI’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, prepare status/progress reports.
MUST BE PROFICIENT IN THE USE OF:
Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
Responsible for project specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, in Architecture, Engineering or Construction related field, from an accredited four-year college or university. Must have minimum of five (5) years related experience in areas as listed under essential duties and responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be a licensed professional engineer or architect.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Years of Experience Required: