Assistant Construction Project Manager | Guam, Guam
July 6, 2021 7:14:18 PM UTC
BRPH is an architecture engineering firm based out of Melbourne Florida. We are currently looking for an Assistant Construction Project Manager that will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager to ensure successful execution of the assigned Project and the achievement of the project vision, goals and objectives.
The position will require relocation to a job site in Guam.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the planning of the assigned projects, including establishing the baseline cost, baseline schedule and cash flow
- Assist in the pre-qualification, selection and contracting of design professionals
- Assist in the pre-qualification, selection and procurement of construction contractors to build the specific projects.
- Assist in the review of the construction contractor’s implementation plans, to include project management plan, procurement plan, safety plan, and general means and methods to identify any risks in the plans.
- Assist in the creation a program/project risk register to identify and mitigate potential risks to the successful completion of various projects within the program
- Assist in obtaining the necessary permits, environmental approvals and licenses necessary to construct the projects.
- Assist in the interpretation of the plans and specifications of the project.
- Assist the PM in guiding a Project Controls team to create the controls systems for the program in terms of cost, schedule, document control and procurement.
- Confer with Owners, supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, RFIs, change control and management, and any issues that may come up on the projects
- Proactively facilitate in resolving conflicts within the project team
- Assist in implementing a strong safety program for the program
- May assist in investigating any safety incidents and provide written analysis of how to prevent additional safety incidents in the future.
- Assist in managing the commissioning, closeout and turnover process
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a BS in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with clients
- Knowledge of the built environment infrastructure, including buildings and infrastructure.
- Must have experience in the construction industry, i.e. internship, trades work, etc.
- Understanding of Earned Value management procedures
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of a construction job site safely.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Years of Experience Required: