Accounting Associate | Melbourne, Florida, United States
May 14, 2021 1:14:31 PM UTC
BRPH is an international architectural and engineering firm that offers a full range of in-house services with clients in the Aerospace, Manufacturing, Commercial, Education, Entertainment and Government markets. Our firm is looking for an Accounting Associate, who will work in the firm’s headquarter office in Melbourne, Florida which is also known as Space Coast Paradise. While working on dynamic projects you can look forward to epic rooftop space launches in an office just minutes from area beaches. Located an hour from some of the world’s most famous amusement parks like Disney World and Universal Studios of Florida, Melbourne is the perfect place for career, family and fun with its subtropical climate and suburban appeal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for processing the company wide timesheets weekly
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll submitted bi-weekly via the ADP platform.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure that payroll payments and deductions are conformance with employment and benefits procedures.
- Work with Accounting management to ensure employee retirement benefits are deducted and applied to the appropriate retirement accounts.
- Preparation of certain Federal and State payroll tax reports via the ADP platform.
- Interpret company employment policies and make modification recommendations in conjunction with payroll activities.
- Process and track Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of client accounts receivable invoices.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of vendor statements as applicable.
- Responsible for aging, processing and reporting of accounts receivable.
- Responsible for accounts receivable collections.
- Process account payable checks, including billing verification and obtaining appropriate approval signatures.
- Support Controller with transaction entry, reports, and reconciliations as requested.
- Perform other duties as the supervisor deems necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School degree or equivalent with 4 years of Accounting/Bookkeeping or related work experience or Associates Degree with 2 years of similar related experience.
- Experience in processing payroll. ADP experience preferred.
- Experience in automated accounting systems required.
- Demonstrated technical skill set may be substituted for years of experience.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Years of Experience Required: